I know the deadlift exercise can seem intimidating, but trust me, it’s not as scary as it seems.
In fact, it’s a safe and effective way to strengthen your entire body.
Here are three reasons to give it a try:
- It’s a real-life movement we all do daily, like picking up stuff from the ground.
- It improves your grip strength, which is helpful if you work with your hands.
- It also helps improve your posture by strengthening the muscles in your upper back.
To get started, check out my beginner-friendly guide: The Step-By-Step Deadlift Guide Every Beginner Needs.
It includes six simple coaching cues to help you perfect the movement:
- Find your footing
- Brace your core
- Hinge at your hips
- Take a comfortable grip length
- Turn on your lat muscles
- Execute the movement by pulling the slack out of the bar.
Follow these cues, and you’ll be deadlifting like a pro in no time.